M.Arch - Designer - Architect
My name is Jan Yoshikawa. I'm a designer and an architect with a passion for graphic design. Feel free to contact me if you want to ask me something.
PROFESSIONAL & SCHOOL WORK
182 Residential Units
60 Senior Housing Units
M. Arch Thesis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in architectural design software. Proficiency developed by working directly with vendors/ contractor.
Extensive work experience interface with client / vendor / contract changes and client needs. Per specification and contract requirements.
Academy of Art University, San Francisco. August 2009 - December 2011
Master of Architecture.
Orthopedic and Rehabilitation clinic as thesis project.
PUC-Camp University, Campinas. Jan 2000 - Jan 2005
BS, Architecture Drafting and Design.
Philip Banta & Associates Architecture Feb 2012 - Present
• Designed 230 Townhomes/ Multi-family residential project, type 5.
• Developed CD and renderings for an autoshow room and repair facility.
• Involved in SD and DD for a 60 units Senior Housing project.
• Projected a memorial competition winner.
• Built the company’s website.
OTA+, San Francisco Jul 2011 – August 2011
• Participated in world’s competitions.
• Developed all drawings.
Andrade Guitierrez S.A. - Instituto Doutor Arnaldo Jan 2005 - June 2007
The 3rd larg. Construction Company in Brazil. Major Hospital project with 728 beds.
• Assisted in development and modification of floor plans, sections, and details.
• Lead CAD team in the development and revision of drawings.
• Supervised as-built drawings process including field trips.
• Trained staff in AutoCAD, as-built drawings and project design.
• Autocad 2014 – Adv. • Rhino – Int.
• Photoshop CC – Adv. • Sketchup PRO – Adv.
• 3Ds Max 2014 – Adv. • Revit 2014 – Int.
• Illustrator CC – Adv. • Vray – Adv.
LICENSE & AFFILIATION
AIA - The American Institute of Architects (Associate only)
AIAS - Member
CREA-SP - License Architect (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Jan’s background includes being raised and educated in Brazil, experiencing that country’s phenomenal growth in terms of urban design, social flux, infrastructure, and public and private sector expansion.
He brings an informed design sensibility to any firm, having contributed key elements to a variety of commissions including: 808 A St. 60 unit senior housing, the 182 unit Boatworks project, and the Stinson Beach memorial project. With his strong technical skills Jan is a valuable member of any production team for design development and construction document packages for all major projects.
Jan received his Bachelor of Science from PUC-Camp University in Sao Paulo, Brazil. He was awarded his M.Arch from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
• Winning Competition Entry with Philip Banta & Associates Architecture.
• Ability to create SD, DD, and CD drawings.
• Selected six times to participate at university annual top projects.
• Highly acclaimed project-represented Academy of Art University at National Exhibition in New York.
• Technical and computer skills - I possess impeccable technical and computer skills with advanced knowledge of Auto CAD, 3ds Max, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Vray and other key graphics communication programs. These skills have been utilized in various projects (please see my attached portfolio).
• Commitment to excellence - I am fully committed to delivering the highest quality work on every project I work on. My attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills ensure that every project is completed accurately and to the highest standard.
• People skills - I am a team player and open-minded to learn from others. My communication skills and positive attitude allows me to effective communicate with clients and colleagues, at all levels.
"Design must reflect the practical and aesthetic in business but above all... good design must primarily serve people."
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like.
Design is how it works"
In non sem vel felis imperdiet tempor ac vel dui. Pellentesque tempor aliquam sapien. Ut augue ipsum, semper non condimentum in, molestie vitae metus. Nulla semper ligula nec hendrerit condimentum. In auctor, sapien et gravida consectetur.
In non sem vel felis imperdiet tempor ac vel dui. Pellentesque tempor aliquam sapien. Ut augue ipsum, semper non condimentum in, molestie vitae metus. Nulla semper ligula nec hendrerit condimentum. In auctor, sapien et gravida consectetur, arcu diam condimentum diam, et vehicula eros.
In non sem vel felis imperdiet tempor ac vel dui. Pellentesque tempor aliquam sapien. Ut augue ipsum, semper non condimentum in, molestie vitae metus. Nulla semper ligula nec hendrerit condimentum. In auctor, sapien et gravida.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU
to reach me please fill out the message box with your info.
+1 832 212 3209
Please fill out message box
1089 57th Street, Oakland